Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hiragana and Katakana

Here's the Hiragana and Katakana charts I promised^ ^
I don't recommend using them to learn how to write the characters though. They're only supposed to be used as reference when reading. Don't use them as reference when writing unless you already practiced writing the character and remember the stroke order when you see it.
 If you want to learn to write the characters I recommend using this site TJP-hiragana. It's the best site I found with writing instructions. (that's free)

I won't write much about pronunciation here, since you learn it by listening not reading. That the vowel u often is dropped when between the consonants and at the end of utterances is worth mentioning though. e.g.
好きです-suki desu=ski desu (I) like (it) (polite form)
ディスコ-disuko=disko disco
英語が話せますか-eigo ga hanasemasuka=eego ga hanasemaska Can (you) speak english?

Hope this is useful^ ^
The first text will be up next week!

来週までひらがなを勉強して、頑張ってね!




No comments:

Post a Comment